Synchronize your Slack channels & chats with WordPress!
WP SlackSync makes it easy for Slack users to synchronize their Slack channels and chats to their WordPress blog or site. It is an easy-to-install and easy-to-use plug-in to make sure Slack users get real-time communication updates from their team.
Installation and Configuration
1. Download the plugin here.
2. Add the plugin to your site by uploading it. Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin. Once wpslacksync.zip is uploaded, click Install Now.
3. It should automatically unpack and install. After the prompt that the plugin has installed successfully, choose Activate Plugin.
4. After activation, go to the Settings menu, and go to WP SlackSync.
5. First, on the License tab, enter, save, and activate the license key from your purchase receipt. With a valid license updates will not be shown in the plugin center.
6. As a next step, switch to the General tab. To fill in the App Client ID and App Client secret, it is necessary to create a Slack App for this first. By clicking on the Slack New Application link, you will be redirected to the apps website of slack (https://api.slack.com/apps). Click the Create New App button.
7. Enter an App Name and select the Slack workspace you want to synchronize the chat with in the Development Slack Workspace dropdown. Click Create App.
8. Navigate to Oauth & Permissions and enter your site domain name into the Redirect URLs. Click Add New Redirect URL, enter the URL in the field, and click Add. Click SaveURLs. It is not necessary to enter any subpaths for your site. Example: https://yoursite.com
9. On the Oauth & Permissions page, click Add an OAuth Scope under User Token Scopes. Select identify and add that scope. This is only necessary so we can install the app to the workspace. Click the Install App to Workspace at the top. Confirm the OAuth you are redirected to.
10. Navigate to Basic Information. Copy the Client ID and the Client Secret generated by Slack and paste these in the WP SlackSync settings General tab in your WordPress site. To view the client secret, click Show. Save the changes in WP SlackSync.
11. Click the Authorize with Slack link and confirm the OAuth screen you are redirected to. You should be directed back to the WP SlackSync settings and the field API Token should be filled with a token starting with “xoxp-“.
12. To verify your API Token, go to the Team Details tab and click the Auto Fill button. The Domain and ID should be filled in automatically. Save the changes.
13. Fill in the details under the Display tab. This will require the Team name that your members/users will see on your site. Save the changes.
14. Add the shortcode
[wpslacksync] to a WordPress page and publish/preview it, checking that the plugin and its settings work as desired.
To limit the Slack channels that are available through the WP SlackSync chat, the allowed_channels shortcode parameter can be used. Channel names are separated by space and written without the leading ‘#’.
[wpslacksync allowed_channels="random general"]
Using the default_channel shortcode parameter, the channel that is selected when opening the page can be specified.
To hide the file upload button use the no_file_upload shortcode parameter.